Position: User Experience Manager/Director
The UX Manager/Director is the senior user experience advocate that guides the creation of intentional experiences through conducting user experience strategy, research, testing and design for both Akendi internal and external clients. You strategize and problem solve to ensure that the work that is delivered to clients will meet project objectives, follows the Akendi process and inspires them with perfectly executed user experience insights and solutions.
You guide a team of Akendians with skills and experience related to user experience research and design and other related industry fields and manages their projects to produce final outcomes that reflect positively on Akendi and our clients. You are an ambassador for the Akendi brand and a key stakeholder in user centred UX research and design related decision-making, ensuring state of the art approaches, methods and assures the quality of Akendi user centred research, testing, information and interaction design. You participate in the execution of UX research and UX design projects for websites, software interfaces, mobile interfaces, hardware interfaces is a plus, from kick-off to completion.
You possess a deep understanding of user research techniques, information design and interaction design principles and approaches with core strengths in information plus interaction design and user research. You work with a deep understanding of user-centered research and how to apply it successfully to final user experiences.
You ensure that projects meet the requirements of the client and are completed on time and within budget while respecting client business goals as well as being responsible for maintaining day-to-day client relationships. You oversee the execution of projects from external vendors such as recruiters, freelancers, front end coders and coordinates estimates, scheduling, production and delivery of final deliverables of these vendors. You participate in delivering Akendi’s training courses related to UX, as well as in making recommendations for changes or updates to the training curriculum and program.
- Contribute to development of “best in class” UX research and design services
- Manage user experience team, project planning and work flow
- Manage day-to-day responsibility to user experience team and outside vendors as required
- Plan and estimate effort for projects
- Contribute to blog writing
- Deal with conflict management and resolution
- Personal appraisals, year plan creation, coaching and support team members in growing their career
- Responsible for the proper application of UCD principles, Akendi’s Experience Thinking process
- Be fully knowledgeable in user centered design and how the Akendi experience thinking process fits with UCD
- Provide quality assurance of research and design deliverables
- Contribute to the development of the user experience team’s culture and quality standards
- Elevate the level of the work coming out of the user experience team
- Educate project teams from other disciplines on the user centered design process and its value
- Communicate the user centred approach, process, value and experience thinking to clients
- Be an Akendi user experience ambassador
- Take a supporting role in Akendi’s UX training program, creating curriculum, course materials
- Manage partner relationships
- Limited project travel as required (5-10%)
- Manage multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Deliver UX training courses and make recommendations for curriculum updates
6+ years of working in the UX field. Advanced degree in UX related disciplines:
- Cognitive science
- Computer science
- Human Computer Interaction
- Human Factors
Please send your resume to humanresources [at] akendi.com
Thank you to all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Akendi is a user experience & service design firm, leveraging equal parts user experience expertise and creative design excellence. We provide insights and analyses about user behaviour, combine this knowledge with inspired creative design, and scientifically architect the user’s experience to meet an organisation’s goals. The result is informed product and service experiences that enable organisations to increase their outreach, engage users, and improve customer experiences.