Beginning this Fall for our 2018 – 2019 season, CapCHI will be hosting our events at a new venue! Our events will continue to be on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from Sept to June, but we will now meet at 201 Queen St., 3rd Floor in “The Clubhouse” at Mulligan’s Golf Bar.
Our new space has:
- An elevator to the 3rd floor
- A very relaxed atmosphere with a geeky vibe that suits our group
- Seating for up to 50 people, and potential for more in a pinch.
- Private restrooms on the 3rd floor
- Free underground parking available after 5 pm in the C. D. Howe Building at 240 Sparks Street (parking access from 235 Queen Street)
- Private bar and dedicated serving staff
- Excellent pub food at reasonable prices including vegetarian options
- Large screen projector with HDMI input and smaller screens for local viewing
- Microphone for presenters
We are moving to avoid a construction and parking nightmare on Elgin, to welcome more UX people who work downtown, and to be more accessible. Regrettably, we are not yet fully accessible (we really tried) because the elevator door to the 3rd floor is 30” wide and the elevator interior is not large. Also, the accessible toilets on the 3rd floor do not have a bar beside the toilet. We canvassed many, many locations, and this location had the very best overall qualities including great food, appropriate room size and layout, a fun side, friendly management, good audio and visibility of speakers, and a fee structure we could afford. We hope you will love it.
We thank our hosts at the The Fox & Feather Pub and Grill as our venue of choice over the past few seasons!
CapCHI (www.capchi.org) is a social and professional society of people who work as user interface designers, researchers, educators, software developers, web designers, graphic designers and human factors engineers in and around Canada’s National Capital Region. Founded in 1991, CapCHI’s goal is to bring together local professionals interested in how humans and computers interact, in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.