Job Opening: Product Designer
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Kinaxis® is a leading edge software company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our RapidResponse® on demand software provides business solutions to some of the largest companies in the world. Many of their products you likely use in your everyday life: it might be the car you drive (Ford, yep they’re a customer), the camera you take pictures/video with (Nikon and GoPro, they’re customers too), the phone you have in your hand all day (Samsung, them too), the shoes you wear (ASICS), critical medications you take (Bristol Myers-Squibb) or the ATM you use at your bank (NCR). These are just a few of the household names that use our industry leading technology and solutions.
User Experience and Design is HIGH PROFILE at Kinaxis. Our design team works side-by-side with Product Management and Development teams to build visual, elegant, efficient and intuitive interfaces that push the boundaries of our business solutions to rival those of leading consumer applications.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to contribute to next-generation world class technology, then Kinaxis is the place for you! With the stability of an established company, combined with the passion and innovation of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth means we are expanding. We are currently looking for: Product Designer
What you will get to do:
- Take ideas and requirements and bring them to life as part of an iterative and agile design process
- Utilize leading design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, etc to visualize, collaborate and iterate on your designs
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and customer design partners to understand user needs and progressively validate designs
- Present design storyboards/flows, wireframes, and prototypes to illustrate intended UX flow.
- Provide design guidance during planning, envisioning and development stages for new product initiatives and features.
- Research and implement the latest in design best practices, online trends and provide recommendations.
- Create visual elements such as graphics and icons for use in product.
- Work on continuous improvement of our design style guide in order to drive consistent look/feel and reuse
What you bring to the table:
- Good understanding of some or all of leading iterative UX Product and Visual Design processes including user research, information architecture, user stories, wireframing and low/high fidelity prototyping, flow layout, design sprints, design validation and user testing
- Portfolio of working projects which illustrate your design skills
- Proven ability to build good working relationships through collaboration and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated self-starter initiative and ability to deliver results
- Experience with design related tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Framer or similar tools and desire to experiment with new tools/technologies and processes to drive the pace of innovation
- Good process skills around efficiently researching and summarizing resulting findings
- Comfort in communication and presentation of ideas and opinions
Bonus points for:
- Experience in designing web applications, video games or mobile tablet and smartphone applications
- Experience with emerging user interface design practices such as: responsive design, gamification, mobile application design patterns, etc
- Experience with on-screen guidance and training solutions like WalkMe
- Expertise with CSS3 / HTML5
- Passion and a desire to shape the face of the products/solutions we deliver
Think you might be a good fit? Submit your resume and a few examples of your portfolio (wireframes, UX flows, prototypes, applications….anything that will show us what you can do).