Job Opening: Senior Manager, User Experience
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Kinaxis® is a leading edge software company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our RapidResponse® on demand software provides business solutions to some of the largest companies in the world. Many of their products you likely use in your everyday life: it might be the car you drive (Ford, yep they’re a customer), the camera you take pictures/video with (Nikon and GoPro, they’re customers too), the phone you have in your hand all day (Samsung, them too), the shoes you wear (ASICS), critical medications you take (Bristol Myers-Squibb) or the ATM you use at your bank (NCR). These are just a few of the household names that use our industry leading technology and solutions. For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
User Experience and Design is HIGH PROFILE at Kinaxis. Our design team works side-by-side with Product Management and Development teams to build visual, elegant, efficient and intuitive interfaces that push the boundaries of our business solutions to rival those of leading consumer applications.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to contribute to next-generation world class technology, then Kinaxis is the place for you! With the stability of an established company, combined with the passion and innovation of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth means we are expanding. We are currently looking for: Senior Manager, User Experience
What you will get to do:
- Champion design thinking and process at all levels of the organization
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of UX and visual designer/researchers
- Participate in and lead lean UX design activities in an Agile environment such as requirements definition, storyboards/flow, wireframes, prototypes
- Participate in and lead user/design research to deepen understanding of customers, evolve our products, validate designs, etc. and translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
- Provide guidance and review of UX and visual designs to ensure quality
- Guide and improve user experience processes, toolset and timelines
- Work on continuous improvement of our design style guide in order to drive consistent look/feel and reuse
What you bring to the table:
- Several years’ experience building and managing a team of designers to collaborate effectively with product managers and developers using agile and lean delivery methodologies to deliver critical solutions and offerings our customers enjoy using.
- Experience with leading iterative UX Product and Visual Design processes including user research, information architecture, user stories, wireframing and low/high fidelity prototyping, flow layout, design sprints, design validation and user testing
- Excellent skill in communication and presentation of ideas and opinions at all levels of the organization
- Portfolio illustrating your design skills and samples of work supporting your management skills
- Proven ability to build good working relationships through collaboration and problem solving skills
- Experience with design related tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Framer or similar tools and desire to experiment with new tools/technologies and processes to drive the pace of innovation
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a broad portfolio of related products and/or a complex solution
- Experience as a visual designer and/or leading visual design team members
- College or university degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related discipline
Think you might be a good fit? Submit your resume and a few examples of your portfolio (wireframes, UX flows, prototypes, applications….anything that will show us what you can do).