Product Design, Ottawa
Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We’re looking for a Product Designer for our Ottawa location who is curious about users and passionate about designing delightful experience that our customers need to succeed and our business needs to become a leader in our space. As a Product Designer, you will be an integral part of every aspect of the product process from strategic direction to the tactical design-develop-launch-iterate cycle.
It’s a great time to join our growing team as we prepare to embark on a journey to fundamentally rethink our product, transform our development process, and lead an organizational shift to customer-centric, design-driven culture.
Our ideal candidate will…
- Have experience working on cross-functional teams with Product Management and Engineering to ideate and ship complex products while playing an active role in the core design team committed to driving cohesive cross-product experiences.
- Enjoy being hands on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and customer research—taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs, align internal and external stakeholders.
- Translate concepts into user-flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Care about the business impact of the products you design, not just the outcome.
- Value communication, organization, and thoughtful rationale in design decisions.
- Be an accountable, self-starter with good time-management and a bias for action—able to work through ambiguity and deadline pressures.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- 3-5 years of experience on a design team working across the entire product development lifecycle and successfully shipping products.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, QA, marketing, user research, and customer support.
- Solid user-centered design fundamentals with information architecture, interaction design and visual design skills.
- Ability to present design solutions at all levels of the organization with clear, articulate rationale.
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS, modern browser technologies, and cross-device design.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Portfolio showcasing examples of product design work.
- BA in Computer Design/Industrial Design, Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Visit the SurveyMonkey posting to apply or get for more info.